Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sew Cute Card

Wednesday, I received the new Maya Road Sew Cute and Still Sew Cute chipboard pieces from Flamingo Scraps, and I couldn't wait to use them.





Aren't these the cutes little shape? I needed to make a birthday card for a friend and she LOVES dress forms and sewing themed items. Her favorite colors are pink, lavender, and black so I reached into my stash and pulled out the Hollywood Vogue paper from Webster's pages, and whipped out this card. I'm so addicted to making these easel cards. They are super easy and I love how they are easily displayed.




From Flamingo Scraps: Maya Road: Sew Cute Chipboard Pieces, Still Sew Cute Chipboard Pieces, Webster's Pages: Hollywood Vogue - Shine A Light Paper, Tim Holtz: Baroque Die. Other: Trims, Recollections: Roses, Stampendous: Fran-tage, Lace, MFT Doily Die, Sewing Pattern


So, you may be wondering what I did to achieve that awesome rustic look on the sewing machine and the dress form. Well it is embossing enamel called "Fran-tage" from Stampendous and after seeing this demo - "The Big Pink Bird" has decided to carry it. So look for it in the store in the next few days.




Fran-tage Enamel is a unique blend of chunky embossing enamal, glitter and mica. Each color has a multi-colored effect and when melted mimics marble, and granite.





The dress form was embossed with "Shabby Pink" and it is a combo of Pink and White Enamel with gold glitter. I love how the glitter is fused into the embossing enamel and doesn't rub off. The sew machine was embossed with Aged Silver which is a mix of Pewter, Gold and Flat Black.


I can't wait to play with these, and share more awesome techniques. I know I will never run out of this in my stash - EVER!


Thanks for stopping in today,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion