Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Card

For this card,  I used the Pink Paislee Sweetness & Parisian Anthology Lines. Both were pieces of scraps, which I love to use on cards. The background paper is the "Love Notes" paper from the Sweetness Collection, I cut the envelope from Parisian Anthology scraps, and the corrugated chipboard accents (Heart, flags, and butterfly) are Parisian Anthology as well.

I spread some Texture Crackle Paste from DecoArt over the background layers to bring forward "love notes" layer. After the crackle paste dried, I covered the entire card backing with Picket Fence Stain from Tim Holtz. This really softened up the bright colors of the paper, and gave me a chance to bring elements into the forground.


I wanted my card to open differently. I've been working on invitations for my daughter's graduation, and I noticed a card backing called a "Z- FOLD” they basically fold in the Z fashion and then either display flat or in the z shape. Well I decided to modify this a bit using a square card. This way my Mom can display the card on her dresser open so that the front of the card and the sentiment are both displayed at the same time.


Here is a view of the card opened as you can see here the inside displays with the outside of the card. Love this effect!



Watch a step by step video of me putting this card together... Thanks for stopping in today, and Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion