Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Overcoming A Creative Rut

I've been in a scrappy rut lately. Seems like everything is starting to look the same.  So I decided to create a self challenge to snap me out of it. 

My Mission - Use supplies that are new, use something old, try new techniques, and Don't CLUTTER IT UP!  That last one was a real challenge cause I like LOTS of stuff!  I want to play with a product that I've never used. The Prima Resist pieces, and Prima Canvas Tape were my new products. I've used the resist pieces before in other layouts - but I've never colored them. I also pulled out my Timmy Distress Markers, and decided to use them (they are like new - rarely use them).
I made this layout with photos of my two lovely nieces Averie and Addie.  (You will see lots of posts with the pics from this photo shoot.)




I outlined the resist pieces with the Timmy Distress Markers then used Glimmer Mists instead of water to activate the ink. I just love how these two products work together.



I love all the textures, and colors in this layout. The two small photos compliment the layout well, and become larger with the layered embellishments. The Hymnal that was used was titled Good Morning, and talks about giving thanks to God for a beautiful morning.



Here is a start to finish video of me making the layout



I believe this layout will be treasured as one of my favorites.

Do you ever get in a creative rut? How do you kick start your brain into thinking differently?

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com

Resources:

  • Prima: Printery Canvas Resists, Flowers - Vivian Eliza, Cotton Tape (I made this into a tags), Paper - Fairy Flora Collection "Sunny Day", Brick Stencil
  • Tattered Angels:  Glimmer Mist - Wheatfields, Pink Taffy, Honey Dew Melon.
  • Ranger Ink: Distress Refill - Peacock Feathers, Walnut Distress Stain, Distress Markers - Worn Lipstick, Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint.
  • Gesso
  • Lace Remnant
  • Hymnal Page
  • Eyelets
  • Ashlynn Vines

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion