Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Secret Crush - Layout

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Ustream on February 4.  If you missed it, you can watch it here. Save the date for our next class on March 4, at 8:30 EST.
 
Today, I'd like to follow up with a layout that I created with some of the other products in the Pink Paislee's Secret Crush Line.  All of these products are available in the store while supplies last.   Many of these products used on this layout were included in the class kit. This layout was a fun way to use up those extra pieces.
 
Kenny and I  met in high school, dated for about 5 years, and on February 10, we will celebrate our 23rd Wedding Anniversary.  The ephemera pack and and the photograms in the Secret Crush line reminded me of my high school crush, so I decided to take that approach to the layout. 
 
Flamingo Scraps: Pink Paislee Secret Crush Paper, Ephemera Pack, Note Cards, Cardstock Stickers,  Photograms, File Folder tabs; Heidi Swapp - Color Shine Tinsel; Fab Scraps Chipboard - Decorative Hinge.  Other:  Tim Holtz Tissue Tape - Sketchbook, Tiny Attacher ; Gesso; Martha Stewart Doily Border Punch; Stamp'n Up Envelope Die.  
 
I remember my high school love notes to Kenny were always decorated with hearts,  arrows, XOXOXO,  lips (some were kissed),  and those  "True Love Always" grids with our initials were all over them. I would spend every class period writing him a note, so I could give it to him when we changed classes.  I still have the notes he wrote back to me.  They are tucked away in a shoe box at the top of my closet.  He found them the other day and began reading them. He was shocked I still had them after all these year. I have to admit, I blushed a little while he re-read them.
 
My mission was to make my layout match those love notes.  I started with a 4x6 photo of him I took last year. I layered the stickers, file tabs, hearts and arrows around the photo making sure all the love titles were visible.   I dry brushed gesso in some places to break up all the "pink", and I also added a gessoed border to the photo.  Tim Holtz Tissue Tape from his Sketchbook Collection offered spots of  "romantic script" to this sea of white and pink.   


For my journaling, I decided to use a piece of scrap from the paper collection to make an envelope.  I used a Fab Scraps decorative hinge chipboard cut that was sprayed with the new Heidi Swapp Color Shine Tinsel to anchor the thin arrow on the left.  I also sprayed the tinsel onto the background and let it drip down the paper. For the title, I used some fabric Thickers in pink that I got from Flamingo Scraps a while back. Since we have been together for so long, I decided the title should be "My Love Story".

 
 
I love how  this layout reminds me so much of those notes I wrote so many years ago. 
 
If you make a project using this line, please share it on the Flamingo Scraps Facebook page.  Be sure to tag me in the post so that I see it. I love to see your creations.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion