Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Persimmon Layout - Grandson

Fall is probably my favorite season, we are coming off the hot days of summer, and the air starts to turn crisp and cool. The kids going back to school are full of excitement. Rich vibrant color pallets are everywhere. Even the sunrises have more drama.  All of these are great, but the best of all...it is FOOTBALL season! 
 
My son, Brighton, has played football since he was 7 years old. This year starts his second year at Varsity.  I'm going to miss those Friday night lights soon!  Every football game, my entire family rally at the game to cheer Brighton and his team mates to victory.  But the part that really just steals my heart is after the game, when everyone approaches the field. MY SON - always takes a moment to kiss and hug on his grandmothers!  ALWAYS without fail - in front of all of his friends.  Now trust me when I tell you that he does not smell like fresh linen or even roses, but it doesn't matter!  There is NOTHING better than a victorious SWEATY HUG.  I've never turned one down, and I never will!   
 
Mixed Media Layout designed by Tonya Gibbs for Artsy Addicts. #Psychomomscrapbooks #TonyaGibbs  #ArtsyAddicts #Scrapbooking #MixedMedia #Persimmon #BasicGrey #CosmoCricket
 
These moments happen fast and we often take them for granted. However, lately I've been reminded rather abruptly at how fast life moves, and those small moments can never be captured once missed. These women are the backbone of our families.  They are ALWAYS there and I mean ALWAYS! I love them both dearly, and to see that public display of affection from my child extended to his grandmothers - well I don't have to tell you about the tears that are rolling down my face, just typing this!  
 
 
Mixed Media Layout designed by Tonya Gibbs for Artsy Addicts. #Psychomomscrapbooks #TonyaGibbs  #ArtsyAddicts #Scrapbooking #MixedMedia #Persimmon #BasicGrey #CosmoCricket
 
The photo above is my Mother, Nama and the photo below is my Mother In-law, Nannie.  I have very few photos of these women less of my mother than Nannie, because she hates having her picture taken.   I uploaded these photos to Instagram and printed them from the gallery prints on Facebook.  So I decided to make them "insta" frames on my layout. 
 
 
Mixed Media Layout designed by Tonya Gibbs for Artsy Addicts. #Psychomomscrapbooks #TonyaGibbs  #ArtsyAddicts #Scrapbooking #MixedMedia #Persimmon #BasicGrey #CosmoCricket
 
 
For the layout, I wanted to use up the scraps of papers laying on my desk - reminants from last Monday's Ustream.  As you can see nothing on the layout is larger than 3x3. Most of these pieces many  would have tossed.   An interesting way to use up those tiny scraps is through your punches, die cuts, and electronic cutters.  Even the less than perfect punched pieces get used!  Layers are the perfect way to hide those imperfections, and when pooled together, the smaller pieces really make an impact.
 
 
Mixed Media Layout designed by Tonya Gibbs for Artsy Addicts. #Psychomomscrapbooks #TonyaGibbs  #ArtsyAddicts #Scrapbooking #MixedMedia #Persimmon #BasicGrey #CosmoCricket
 
 
Basic Grey's persimmon line really helps me capture the essence of fall! I love how the elements are bright colored and gender neutral.  I also love how Cosmo Cricket's new Glitter Adhesive sheets add a little sparkle without a mess!
 
I have recorded a process video showing step by step how this layout came together.
 

 
Thank you for stopping in today. I want to leave you with one bit of advice. Remember that you can never have too many photos-  Good lighting, raining day, doesn't matter - SNAP THE PHOTO!  You can never have too many, and 20 years ago we will look back at the fun surrounding that moment and not be so critical of the quality of the picture.
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
Resources:
 
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
  • BasicGrey - Persimmon - Die Cut Cardstock and Transparency Pieces
  • Cosmo Cricket - Glitter Adhesive Sheets - Crystal Lake
  • Jenni Bowlin Studio - Feathers - Vellum
  • ColorBox - Surfacez - Multi-Surface Inkpads - Dolphin
  • Prima Marketing Inc., Chalk Ink - Farmer's Jeans

Other:
  • American Crafts - Ribbon Value Pack - Jute - 24 Spool
  • Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Visual Artistry CITY CENTRAL (Ticket)
  • Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Seamless Experience (Stitch)
  • Advantus - Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Tiny Attacher
  • Ranger - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
  • EK Success - Paper Shapers - Slim Profile - Edger Punch - Zig Zag Chain
  • EK Success - Paper Shapers - Nesting Punch - Scallop Circle 1 1-2"
  • Fiskars - Limited Edition - Squeeze Punch - Large - Leaf it to Me, CLEARANCE
  • Sizzix - Originals Die - Jewelry - Die Cutting Template - Large - Hearts, Primitive 3
  • Heidi Swapp - Stencil - Honeycomb 6x6
  • My Favorite Things Stamps - Dizzy Doily Die
  • Kraft Cardstock
  • Hymnal Pages
  • Buttons
  • Pale Blue Cardstock
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Color Shot - 2 Ounce Jar - Glory of the Seas Gold
  • Faber-Castell - Mix and Match Collection - Gesso 
  • Liquitex - Yellow Oxide Ink


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion