Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, December 13, 2013

December Daily Days 6-9 by Tonya Gibbs

Our December Daily journey continues today with Days 6 - 9. (I was on vacation and didn't have time to create the pages for days 10 -12, so I will post them during the weekend!)  I'm using 25th and Pine from Basic Grey as my paper collection.

Each week I plan to share with you my progress. Hopefully this will encourage you to work along with me, and give you some ideas for your own journals.  I'm documenting my journey, here, and on YouTube.  For your convenience I've created a Play list on YouTube with tutorials and project shares  that may help kick start your own Daily Journals. 

I'm also including a few prompts below that will help you on days that stump you.

Day 6
I had several stories to tell on Day 6, from picking out my tree, to decorating, and  then the finished tree.   I decided this day needed to expand several pages.

Prompt 1. Use photo sleeves.   Use photo sleeves to add extra pages to your book. Photo sleeves are also a perfect way to tell that day's story without a lot of  overwhelming decorating so keep them in mind if you want to expand on the day, or keep the day simple. 


 
I started with the library pocket that we created in the December Ustream.   My journaling for all of the pages are on the tag that is inserted into the pocket.   On the back is the photo of  Kelly the Garden center manager at Ace Hardware where I buy my tree.  For the past 25 years Kelly has helped me find the perfect tree.  

 
 
This year I took Brighton with me to help us get the perfect one.   Then later that evening Brittany stuck around to help me decorate.   We were being super silly and I really enjoyed the time we spent together! These two photos were simply put into a photo sleeve.  No fuss!  


And here is the last page for day 6.  The decorated tree!
 
 
  

Day 7

Prompt 2. Collage print several photos on 1 4x6.
Day 7 we went to the Christmas Parade, and I took a lot of photos. I took these photos with my little point and shoot camera. The lighting was low and lots of fast moving objects, the pictures were not the best quality.  So I decided to collage print them onto 1 4x6.  You can use photo apps on your phone to make this simple.  Also online print services have a great options for this too.


 



Day 8
Prompt 3:  Look for interesting decorations when shopping.   My Mom and Dad and I went shopping today, and we found the Snowman Christmas tree in a restaurant.  I thought it was so clever that I wanted to document it as my day 8.  I included one of the small library pockets that we made in a YouTube video and tucked a small tag inside.  I added a clothespin with a snowflake on it for a pull element.


 
Day 9


 
Just started following us on this journey?  You can catch up with the other days by clicking the links below:  
Don't forget to share your December Journey with me on Facebook.  Please make sure you tag me in the post.
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today.
 
Tonya Gibbs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion