Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Play Time Layout by Tonya Gibbs

Hi everyone.  Over the holidays I was able to spend some time with my dies, punches, and Silhouette and clean out a lot of my scrap piles.
 

I cut everything down to what I call "layering pieces".  I love to use my stamps on these little pieces too.  So while I'm at it, I start stamping as well.    I find that when I do this I use the supplies I've invested in more. When I'm busy with a project, I don't want to drag out the dies, and stamps.  This way I'm sitting in front of the TV and completing a mindless task with no agenda and no deadline!

I store all these individual pieces in a container by Iris.  Ephemera from used up collections are also stored here.



I have found that when I leave scraps un-managed they seem to take over my space.  I try to use them the minute I'm done with a project, but sometimes this just doesn't work out.  So I have a small container next to my cutting station.  When the container starts over flowing it is time to start cutting.

Today I want to share with you a layout I decided to make last night, only pulling out the dies and pieces that I have created.  


 
When you take random objects and sort them by "color"  they all seem to work together.  I love the eclectic feel of this layout.  I love the grungy ADHD randomness of the entire thing. Because the day that I am capturing was just that type of day.   A little coloring, A little punching, A little stamping. 

 
My favorite part of projects, is that I'm not enslaved by a particular collection or set of supplies.  I have used my scraps and stamps to make something unique.    
 
I encourage you this year, to free yourself from all the left over collections and scraps around your studio, and see what you can make!  

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion