Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Washi Inspired Layout by Tonya Gibbs


 
Last week I issued a sketch challenge, and shared with you guys a card that I made using washi tapes.   My card was inspired by this roll of  tape!
 
 
Here is the sketch & card from last week...
 
  
 
Today I wanted to show you a layout that I created using the same washi tapes and the sketch as a layout guide. I  had a 6x6 pad of My Mind's Eye, Spread Your Wings and Fly, paper collection.  It coordinated so well with the washi selection that I decided it would be perfect for my layout. Since the 3D Embellishment that I used as my title reads "You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine", I found a playful photo of my daughter, Brittany.  Side note:  Her Daddy calls her Sunshine!
 
 
Like last week, I sprayed the doilies with the Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest. Then Spritzed it with Heidi Swapp's Gold Lume color shine.  I thought the sunny pop of yellow, went well with my "You Are My Sunshine" title.
 
 
The 3D embellishment came with the sticker set, but it had a mustard yellow background. I peeled it apart, and placed it onto a piece of blue polka dot scrap from the collection.  I love how it pops against the yellow doily now. 
 
It was a lot of fun working with these vibrant bright colors.  This color pallet is way out of my norm, so it totally stimulated my creative juices.  I hope you try this challenge, along with the bright colors.  Don't forget to link up your blog post to last week's post if you decide to play along. Everyone who links up - will be featured in a May Artsy Addicts Showcase post.  I look forward to seeing how you use the sketch.

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com

Resources:

My Mind's Eye - Spread Your Wings & Fly 6x6 pad
My Mind's Eye - Spread Your Wings & Fly Brads
My Mind's Eye - Spread Your Wings & Fly 3D embellishments
My Mind's Eye - Spread Your Wings & Fly Stamps
My Mind's Eye - Spread Your Wings & Fly Buttons
Marion Smith Designs - Mad Tea Party 12x12 Paper -
Doily
Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest
Heidi Swapp - Gold Lume Color Shine
Heidi Swapp - Archival Ink Pink
Heidi Swapp - Archival Ink Teal
Tattered Angels - Tutti Fruity
Tattered Angels - Frozen Lake
Yellow Baker's Twine
Teressa Collins Memorabilia Line Washi Tape (yellow)
Recollections - Random Washi Tape
Maya Road - Heart Shape Chipboard
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations Rosette Strip Die
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft - Pitt Pen Cadmium Yellow no. 107


2 comments:

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion