Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Dragonfly Frenzy Card



Welcome to summer!  It is so hot here in the Sunshine State, and flowers are blooming EVERYWHERE!  My yard is covered with little dragonflies dancing from blossom to blossom.  I was so excited to see the  Dragonfly Frenzy die in this last release.  I couldn't wait to use it! It worked beautifully with the new Jack & Jill Flower die!  











This month's dare is to use Vellum.











 
To get details on how the sketch challenge and dare works, and to link up your blog post!

  You could win a $25 gift certificate to Die-Namites.






I used the Jack & Jill Flowers die as my base for my colorful dragonflies.   

 I cut both of my dies with vellum and colored them with my Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®  Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pens, 






I used the May Green #170,  to color in the leaves on the Jack & Jill Flowers die.





Then I used the Pink Madder Lake #129, to color in the center of the shadowed areas of the flowers. Since the Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pens stay moist on the slick surface of the vellum for a few minutes, I used my finger to shade in the rest of the flower which left me with this nice variegated look. 





I used the Light Cobalt Turquoise #154 to color in the wings of the dragonflies on the Dragonfly Frenzy die. 






Then the Cool Grey VI 235 to color their bodies.   I also used the May Green for the leaves, and the Pink Madder Lake for the tiny flowers on this die.  Once my Dragonfly Frenzy die was colored, I cut it into three pieces, and placed them around the floral spray. I only placed glue on the leaves and the body of the dragonflies.  This elevated their wings and made them look like they were in flight.   





Have you submitted your
  Sketch Challenge and Dare project?  
Why not?  What are you waiting for?  Don't Miss out on that $25 Gift Certificate.

Thanks for stopping in today!
Tonya Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion