Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Fairy Bell Shabby Chic Mixed Media Mini Album

 
 
I absolutely love Easter!   Spring is in the air, the weather is amazing, and all my cute little nieces and nephews are all dressed up and ready for fun! This year, I  decided to create a shabby chic mixed media album for my favorite Easter photos.  The concept for this mini was texture and lots of it!   I wanted it to stay soft and elegant, but tattered and frayed. 
 
 
My base album is the Prima Canvas album.   I selected the Prima Fairy Bell collection because it has lots of spring elements and maintains my Shabby Chic style. Nestled on each page, are a collection of Prima embellishments including flowers, canvas resist pieces, butterflies, trinkets, metal, and trims.  I also gathered some random supplies of misc.  lace, burlap, muslin, doilies, hymnal pages, and vintage book pages.   I kept everything in soft neutral tones, so that the colors of the Fairy Bell papers could become dominate.   
 
 
I used a Prima Vintage Trinket Closure across the side of the mini album to keep it secure.  I love how the bobbles dangle from the closure.  Look at all that yummy texture peek-a-booing from the edges of the pages.
 
 
Here are some photos of the inside of the album...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For the last page, I decided to create a tag that was topped with a canvas resist key and a beautiful seam binding bow.   This tag is the "KEY" to the album.  
 
 
 
The cover of the tag is the title  and the back has a list of numbers which represent each page, then the name of the person featured on the page. 

 
 

 
I hope you like this cute mini and I've given you some ideas on how to create your own beautiful album. This would make a perfect Bridal or Baby gift as well! 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Supplies:
Prima Marketing - Jodie Lee Fairy Bell  12x12 Paper Collection
Prima Marketing - Doily Stencil #564247
Prima Marketing - Finnabair - 6x6 Damask Stencil  #960551
Prima Marketing - Canvas Mini Album
Prima Marketing - Flowers White Wildflowers Pillar
Prima Marketing - Flowers Serenade C
Prima Marketing - Canvas Resist Banners & Tickets
Prima Marketing - Canvas Resist Printery Collection
Prima Marketing - Canvas Resist Songbird
Prima Marketing - Shabby Chic Treasures Metal - Birdcage
Prima Marketing - Shabby Chic Treasures Resin - Fly Away
Prima Marketing - Shabby Chic Treasures Metal - #890865 (frame)
Prima Marketing - Shabby Chic Treasures Resin - La Coeur
Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Art Ingredients Glass Beads Crystal
Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Art Ingredients Glass Glitter Sterling
Prima Marketing - Butterflies Collection - Butterfly Embellishments - Fluture
Prima Marketing - Mini Roses
Prima Marketing - Leaves
Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Vintage Trinkets
Prima Marketing - Flowers Kennedy Collection
Prima Marketing - Bretton Vines Purity
Prima Marketing - Closure #930059
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is breathtaking, stunning and amazing shabby project Tonya !!! I love it and I would like to own it :) xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just simply gorgeous. I love the soft colors and it is perfect for those Easter photos. Love all the products you used. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your album! I follow Paper people, that is where I saw your post. I just love every page, all the layers! I am going to start following you. Admiring and learning! On fb I am under Susie Weaver but my Google account is attached to my art stuff and shows up as Susan Kelly. Looking forward to seeing more cool art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wanted to ask about your closure, (which is very cool by the way!) Can we see a side view please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous album !!! The papers are great, and the way you have done it splendid!! very beautiful!! Congrats !. Big hugs from Spain.
    Caty
    http://katyazursobreelespejodelmar.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion