Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Father's Day Card for Die-namites June Sketch and Dare Challenge

Hi everyone,  I had a great time this weekend playing with my little nephew Cooper.  He spent all day Saturday with me, and I shared with him the Gelli Plate. My entire dining room table was covered in gorgeous prints.  I saved back a few of his prints, to create Father's day cards.  Here is little Cooper pulling what he called his favorite print - which he promptly took home to keep. LOL - I love this so much!






I decided to participate in this Month's Sketch & Dare Challenge over on the Die-namite's blog.  Here is the sketch.



http://www.die-namitesblog.com/2015/06/junes-sketchchallenge-and-winner.html
 
 
I used the Leafy Flowers die in my blog post today.

http://www.die-namites.com/Leafy-Flowers_p_104.html

On this print, Cooper used Plaid's Kiwi and English Navy Apple Barrel craft paints with the Crafter's Workshop Gear stencil.  It made a really interesting looking print.  Very Masculine!   So I decided to cut my die from navy blue, and use the same cardstock for my card base.  The card is an A2 top folding card.  



 
 
Lately, I've been practicing hand lettering for card sentiments.  So this seemed like a perfect opportunity to doodle the sentiment for the front and inside of the card.
 


 
Here is a process video of me creating the card from start to finish.  I think I might give this card to Coop to share with his Dad. 
 




TO ENTER the Die-Namites June Sketch Challenge please visit the blog post. Don't forget to link up your card before the last day of the month. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today,
 
Tonya
 
 
Supplies:
  • Die-namites Dies Leafy Flowers
  • Navy Blue cardstock
  • Kraft cardstock
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
  • Ranger Ink - Archival Ink - Coffee
  • Tim Holtz - Idea-ology  Tiny Attacher
  • Gelli Plate
  • Plaid - Apple Barrel Craft Paint - Kiwi
  • Plaid - Apple Barrel Craft Paint - English Navy
  • The Crafter's Workshop  - Mini Gears
  • IndigoBlu - Limor Webber Designs - Rugged Edges Stamps
  • Speed Ball - Brayer
  • Foray - Gelio Gel Ink Pen .7mm
  • Liquitex - Irridescent Bright Gold Ink



5 comments:

  1. what a WONDERFUL time with your Nephew.....and a SUPER FABBY CARD!! Thank You for playing along with Die~namites Dies Sketch Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and wonderful interpretation of the sketch, so fun to see kids creating. Thanks for joining us on the Die-Namite Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project, thanks for playing along in the Die~Namites June Sketch Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I LOVE your artwork, beautiful card and wonderful time spent with Copper! Thanks for playing along with us on the Die~Namites June Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations with us at Die-Namites. I really love your designs and tips. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion