Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Gelli Prints Journal Page 4 - Possibilities


Wow - this has really been a fun project.  I have really enjoyed creating these spreads each week.  Today, I'm going to share with you page 4 in my Gelli® Print Art Journal book that I created in the June 1, 2015 Ustream.  I've linked up the previous page posts and the Ustream down below for your convenience.  


I'm really loving today's spread, the colors are so bright and vibrant. It screams Florida Sunshine, and summer fun.    This spread has inspired me to create a summer layout using these colors and techniques.  I guess this is why art journaling is so fun - it helps to kick start the brain.  Look at all those yummy colors and textures in the background.  


I started by cutting strips from different patterns of prints that we pulled in the class.   This eclectic patterns work well together because they share the same stamps, stencils and colors. Whenever you are working with a completely flat layout,  adding shadows to your elements, created depth, and helps things to pop.  To pull everything together, I created my shadows with the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen in Crimson #134.  The purple/pink pigment in this marker helps to keep my layout bright and sunny. 


PSSSS -  Guess what?   A little birdie told me that the Stamper's Big Brush pens are on sale for a limited time for $3.09 at DickBlick.com.  I'm not being paid to advertise this sale, just like to pass the savings on to you guys when I can ;) 

My go to pen for doodling after trying out all the ones I have, is the Marvy Reminisce. Once the ink is dry it is permanent and really does stand up against the gel mediums.  They make this pen in other colors so I may just need to invest in them.  I bought these at JoAnns and it was very reasonably priced. I couldn't find it online  at Joann.com  so I'm going to link it to Amazon.com.


Here is the video showing you how I created this spread. 



As stated in the video.  The IndigoBlu - Rugged Edges Stamp designed by Limor Webber Designs, is my favorite stamp set. I think this is going to be one of those stamps that stands the test of time.



Here are links to the previous posts showing the other pages...























I hope you are enjoying this series. Remember if you are following along, please #FollowingTonyaGibbs  in your social media outlets. I would love to see what you are creating. 

Our next Ustream is Scheduled for July 6, 2015 at 8:30 p.m. EST 

Thanks for stopping in today, 

Tonya

Supplies:
  • 8x10 Gelli Arts® Plate
  • Plaid  Apple Barrel Acrylic Craft Paint Various Colors:
    Kiwi, Yellow Fame, Pink Parfait, Jack O'Lantern, Bimini Blue. White, Black
  • Die-Versions Whispers Background - Hexagons   
  • Die-Versions Whispers Background - Morocco
  • Die-Versions Whispers Background - Bubbles 
  • Cosmetic Sponge
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gel Medium
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen - Crimson #134
  • Marvy - Reminisce Gel Pen
  • Sharpie - White Fine Point Paint Pen
  • Hymnal Pages
  • Martha Stewart - Butterfly Stamp
  • Ranger Ink, Archival Ink - Jet Black
  • Tim Holtz - Stamper's Anonymous - Stuff To Say Stamp Set

9 comments:

  1. Tonya, you are just rocking these pages! Love, love this spread!! I love watching your vids because of your positive, friendly attitude that just welcomes us all here to come on in and enjoy the session! You are just the sweetest! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with making backgrounds! I need that gelli plate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all your tips, and how to fix mistakes is always great too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved watching these videos, thanks for sharing. I'm heading to my studio to work in my journal now using some of your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another bright inspiration - these colors make me happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, makes me want to get messy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see right now I will be watching your videos again! So jam packed with great ideas and info! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques! cj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the doodle art, such a fun whimsical spread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the doodle art, such a fun whimsical spread.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion