Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Love Summer Art - Layout Splish Splash



Hey bloggers - welcome to day 2 of the #LoveSummerArt collaborative project with YouTube Artists around the WORLD!  The event runs from July 17 - 20th.  To find these artist,  just type #LoveSummerArt  in your YouTube search bar. 




This is a super fun way for you to discover new artists on YouTube, and be inspired by their work. All genres of art are participating - Exciting Right!     

Today  I wanted to share with you a layout that I created from some of the Prints we pulled in the July Ustream.   Remember these...  If you missed the ustream, it is linked up in the right bar. 




I decided to create a layout and use these guys as my frame around my photo, and as part of my ephemera in my embellishment clusters. 




I have shared many times in the past few months, I'm falling in love with hand lettering.  I love the look of the painted imperfect title that I did with watercolors then fussy cut around the.  Isn't this just a fun way to add a title to this wonderfully splashy layout?  


I also tucked in several of the die-cuts that I've been using to pull prints with in the last few months. Their interesting patterns keep my layout looking fresh, and unique. 


I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts® Glaze Medium, Prima's Bubble stencil and little Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals to create the splashed background.  I love customizing my layouts this way. 

To see how I did this, I've prepared a process video


Thank you for stopping in today.  I hope I have inspired you to create a fun summer layout.  Don't forget to check back tomorrow. I have a Mixed Media card for you.  

Also don't forget to check out the #LoveSummerArt  over on YouTube.  I've been inspired by so many wonderful artists this week, and have found some new people to stalk (I mean follow).   

Have a great weekend, 

Tonya 

Save the Date -  Our next Ustream is scheduled for August 3, at 8:30 pm est. 

Supplies:
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs Signature Tres Chic - Magicals - Merci Beaucoup Mint
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Glitz Spritz - Pearlescents
  • Ranger Ink - Dyan Reaveley - Dylusions Ink Spray - Lemon Zest
  • Marvy Reminisce - Gel Pen
  • Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
  • Score Tape
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gelatos® - Tangarine
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gelatos® - Banana
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gelatos® - Watermelon
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Glaze
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gesso
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen - Manganese Violet #160
  • Geli Arts® Gelli Plate® 8x10.
  • Prima Marketing - Zephyr - Say It In Crystals
  • Prima Marketing - Wild Flowers Pillar Pack White
  • Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Stencil - Bubbles
  • Prima Marketing - Flower Centers - Monarch Diamond
  • Foam Adhesive
  • Artist Loft - Watercolors
  • Gold Thread
  • IndigoBlu - Limor Webber Designs - Rugged Edges Stamp
  • The Crafter's Workshop - Mini Harlequin Stencil
  • Die-Versions - Hexagons Background
  • Die-Versions - Pretty Paisley
  • Teresa Collins - Urban Market - Wood Veneer (3)
  • Studio Calico - Wood Veneer - Camera
  • Rhinestone  (Center of Camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion