Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

January Live - Layout Tutorial Recap


Thank you to everyone who came to the live class on Monday night.  I had a lot of problems getting the show to air live on YouTube so we moved over the Ustream. If you guys had trouble finding us, I'm so sorry. I'm just going to keep at it until I figure it out!  Good news! We did get it recorded. 

We kept it light and discussed the CHA releases.  I based this month's class on a sketch challenge by Blue Fern Studios. Details can be found on their blog!


 I used the Love Story Collection and their Doodle Flowers Chipboard Coordinates for my layout.  



Here is the sketch...


Here is what my finished layout looked like: 



I used a photo that I had taken during the Holidays of my Mom & I for the layout. In the class I shared with you how to use the Pentel Fude Brush Pen to draw a trendy title.  Here is the pen that I used.  The ink from this pen takes a LONG time to cure.  Sometimes a day or so depending on the paper.  It is also a bit tricky to use.  If you purchase the pen, don't forget to remove the washer that separates the ink well from the brush tip (or it will never work - ::WINK WINK::) 


Here is a close up of how the title turned out.   

 


I also shared with you how I created & painted these cute little clay birds.  Aren't they adorable?  They are the perfect embellishment to compliment this paper collection.  So affordable and easy to create.  I love including small clay pieces like this in my embellishment clusters. 



Here is the video of the class. 



Happy New Year everyone. Thank you again to everyone who came  to the show live. 

Tonya 

Supplies: 
  • Blue Fern Studios - Love Story - True Harmony 12x12 paper
  • Blue Fern Studios - Love Story - Calling Cards 12x12 paper
  • Blue Fern Studios - Doodle Flowers Chipboard Coordinates
  • Pentel Fude  Brush Pen - Medium Black
  • Stickles (Glass dots) - Peach
  • Martha Stewart - Silicone Mold - Birds & Lady Bugs
  • Polyform - Model Air Air Dry Modeling Clay 
  • Versa Ink
  • American Crafts - Paper Clips - Gold Hearts 
  • Graphic 45 - Staples Collection - Antique Typewriter Wood Stamp Set 
  • Little B - Decorative Paper Tape - Light Grey Diagonal Stripes - 15mm 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Glitz Spritz - Shimmer Mist - 2 Ounce Bottle - Blazing Sun 
  • Faber-Castell - Mix and Match Collection - Gesso 
  • Ranger Ink - Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black 
  • Advantus - Tim Holtz - Idea-ology Collection - Adornments - Arrows 
  • Ranger Ink - Specialty 1 Embossing Powder - Holographic 
  • Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz - Layering Stencil - Flourish 
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Marker - Barn Door 
  • Prima - Wildflowers Pillar Pack Collection - Botanical Flower Mix - White 
  • Prima - Trim - Jute - 200 Yards - Wheat 
  • Prima - Vintage Trinkets Collection - Metal Embellishments - Keys 
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Mini - Vintage Photo 


1 comment:

  1. Tonya, your layout is stunning! I love all the layering and your amazing hand-lettering. Thanks for joining us at Blue Fern Studios for our sketch challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion